Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sickness.

Well, spring break 2012 was officially a bust. Lauren and I thought we started out with just allergies going crazy (the week before spring break was full of sunny skies and beautiful weather--we opened windows and endured much pollen infiltration) BUT it quickly became apparent that we were sick. Lauren was just coughing, sneezing, hacking like crazy; I chimed in a bit. Once our actual spring break hit, the weather was gloomy and rainy. Our sinuses went crazy. On Wednesday, I went out for a great sushi lunch with friends, then as soon as I left the restaurant, my ear began throbbing. On Thursday I was able to see my doctor, and sure enough, ear infection. Plus a weird possible eye infection/eye virus, ick. I still wasn't feeling that bad, so we went out for supper together at Monterrey then to the store...where Sophie promptly threw up all over. Luckily, it was her only puke of the week, but at the time we were seriously taken aback. On Saturday, Lauren realized she had an ear infection, so we got her in to immediate care. By this point, the twins were starting to cough and sneeze.They ran high fevers Saturday night and kept me up all night.

We've been in this nasty little holding pattern for about four days now. Lauren, the twins, and I aren't really seeing much improvement. We're exhausted, coughing, sneezing, blowing noses, bleary-eyed...it's disgusting. Andy is probably coming down with it now. I can see us easily going through a solid two weeks of sickness in our house. We are SICK of being SICK. Lauren and I keep wondering how people with real, serious long-term illnesses ever keep going. We went to school/work Monday; Lauren toughed it out a whole day. I came home after 3 hours and stayed home today, too. I really need to just rest and get better, but missing work sucks, and frankly, being there is an awesome break from all of this. But going there and feeling like a drippy-nosed, hacking, feverish freak is no fun at all, either.

I really, really hope this is our last bout with sickness for a long time. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment